Welcome back, Tigers!
Practices that will continue this upcoming school year:
- Students and staff will be encouraged to maintain frequent hand washing and sanitizing by utilizing hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Thorough cleaning practices throughout the school.
- Social distancing will be observed where possible.
- Families should continue to monitor student’s symptoms on a daily basis, keep the student home when they are not feeling well and report the absences to the school.
Close contact and quarantine information:
- Close contact letters will be sent home with any student who is exposed to a positive case.
- Quarantine letters and communication will be sent via the local health district and quarantine timelines will be outlined per the health district and CDC guidance at that time.
- The school will continue to maintain a separate quarantine area.
- Students who exhibit two or more of the symptoms, as outlined by the health district and the CDC, will be assessed by the school nurse.
- For non-COVID illnesses, students and staff will be required to stay home for 24 hours after symptoms have resolved.
What about masks?
- We highly recommend that masks are worn inside the school but they are not required. (except on school transportation)
- ODH strongly recommends that those who are unvaccinated wear a mask while in school.
- All staff and students will be required to wear a mask on school transportation (school vans, cars and buses).
- The district will continue to make masks available for any individual who requests one during the school day.
*In the future, we may need to adjust these protocols to increase precaution due to rising illness in the building or updated guidance.
Click here for information about Pioneer School Back To School Night and School Calendar