Welcome back, Tigers!
Practices that will continue this upcoming school year:
- Students and staff will be encouraged to maintain frequent hand washing and sanitizing by utilizing hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Thorough cleaning practices throughout the school.
- Social distancing will be observed where possible.
- Families should continue to monitor student’s symptoms on a daily basis, keep the student home when they are not feeling well and report the absences to the school.
Close contact and quarantine information:
- Close contact letters will be sent home with any student who is exposed to a positive case.
- Quarantine letters and communication will be sent via the local health district and quarantine timelines will be outlined per the health district and CDC guidance at that time.
- The school will continue to maintain a separate quarantine area.
- Students who exhibit two or more of the symptoms, as outlined by the health district and the CDC, will be assessed by the school nurse.
- For non-COVID illnesses, students and staff will be required to stay home for 24 hours after symptoms have resolved.
What about masks?
- We highly recommend that masks are worn inside the school but they are not required. (except on school transportation)
- ODH strongly recommends that those who are unvaccinated wear a mask while in school.
- All staff and students will be required to wear a mask on school transportation (school vans, cars and buses).
- The district will continue to make masks available for any individual who requests one during the school day.
*In the future, we may need to adjust these protocols to increase precaution due to rising illness in the building or updated guidance.