In recognition of their commitment to quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of children, Mt. Logan Early Childhood Center has received a Five-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the state of Ohio. Mt. Logan Early Childhood Center includes both Chillicothe City Preschool and Pioneer Preschool.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for learning and development programs. Participating programs can earn a one- to five-star rating.
In addition to meeting all standards of a four-star rating, programs with five stars may also:
- Have lower staff/child ratios.
- Use child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
- Share assessment results and create goals for children.
- Develop plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting.
- Work with other organizations or businesses within the community to support children and their families.
- Have an active and organized parent volunteer group.
- Use input from families and community partners to inform the program’s continuous improvement process.
- Have accreditation by an approved organization.
Research confirms that the first five years of a child’s life has a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being, in addition to, learning and social skills. For these reasons, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and the Ohio Department of Education are committed to improving early childhood opportunities for all children in the state.