As we continue to monitor the impact of the coronavirus, we want you to know we are committed to continuing to providing quality services and taking extra steps to help individuals and families. Pioneer Center/RCBDD is staying up to date on guidance from our leaders and health professionals at the state and local levels and making changes as needed. Below is an update with the current status of RCBDD operations to date:
- People should be receiving regular communication and support from their SSA, Teacher, or EI Service Provider during this time.
- Employees have been instructed to work from home as much as possible.
- Face-to-face meetings only happening if urgent, otherwise phone/teleconferencing technology is being used.
- All Pioneer events have been postponed until further notice.
- Early Intervention is still following state protocol, but encouraging virtual visits with children and families and processing new referrals.
- Pioneer School is closed at least through Friday, April 3. Food deliveries will continue during this closure, as we have already set up. Instructional staff is reaching out to students and families to provide instructional materials and support.
- We are in regular communication with our agency and independent providers, staying current on their needs so that we can deploy support if needed.
As has been announced previously, these steps are being taken as a precautionary measure to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the individuals we serve. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly. Most importantly, we will continue to be here for you and will keep you updated.
Community Members: If you have items to donate or you’re able to provide any help during this time, please email the Friends, Allies and Neighbors Network at email@example.com.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ohio Department of Health
- DODD Covid-19 Resources and Support
- Ross County Health District
- Adena Health System
Wishing you all health and wellness during this time!