Join us as we celebrate Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month 2024!
- Friday, March 1st, 10 AM :: DD Month Walk for Awareness :: Join us in Downtown Chillicothe as Mayor Luke Feeney and our county commissioners declare March DD Awareness Month. Those wanting to participate in the walk should meet at the Yoctangee Park entrance on the corner of Paint & Water St. no later than 10 AM. We will walk to the Ross County Courthouse for the Proclamation Ceremony with Superintendent Amy Beeler, Mayor Luke Feeney, and our county commissioners. Downtown businesses along the route will be participating this year and we will have food trucks and merchandise for sale in the parking lot near the baseball diamond in Yoctangee Park following the walk. We will have cornhole and other activities if the weather permits. Please plan to spend your morning celebrating the kick-off of DD Month with us.
- Thursday, March 7th, 6:30-8:30pm :: Pioneer Center Art Showcase Opening at the Pump House Center for the Arts :: Food and Drink will be available. Artwork will be displayed through the end of March.
- Tuesday, March 12th :: Statehouse DD Awareness and Advocacy Day :: This year’s event is both in-person and virtual. For updates and registration for the in-person event, you can check out the organizers Facebook page. If you would like to attend our Virtual Viewing Party at the Pioneer Center Administration Building, please RSVP to Trish Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to register on the state website to attend our Virtual Viewing Party. Crispie Crème Donuts will be served starting at 9:30, with the Advocacy Day event airing from 10 AM – 11 AM.
- Wednesday, March 20th, 6:00 PM :: Special Olympics Celebrity Basketball Game at Chillicothe High School :: Cheer on our Ross County Special Olympics athletes as they challenge local celebrities. Doors open at 6 PM with the game beginning at 6:30 PM.
- Thursday, March 21st :: World Down Syndrome Day :: #RockYourSocks and wear colorful socks! Send us a photo and we will share on social media!
- Friday, March 22nd 6:00-9:00pm at the Elks Lodge :: DD Month Concert featuring Felony4 – Food and drink will be available.
- Wednesday, March 27th, 6:00pm :: Pioneer Center Annual Awards Banquet :: Join us at Chillicothe High School as we honor our 2024 award winners. Food & drink will be served.
- Food Truck Fridays :: March 8th, 15th & 22nd :: Join us for lunch at the Pioneer Center Administration Building.